Login    Forum    FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New game ideas!
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:58 am 

Chris Airdrie112 wrote:
2 things that have boggled me since starting this game.

1. speed doesn't go up. I agree it should be an untrainable, but like judgement, I think it should have the potential to increase, maybe between the ages of 16 to 20. I've never seen a 16yo run a 100m world record. reason being they get faster as their bodies develop.

2. as a manager who plays full backs. why is this position the only one handicapped by 2 untrainables(that will never increase) for their pv. most players have 9 for speed and aggression. very few have 10's meaning 99% of full bks can never be better than a 38pv. whereas positions such as cm don't have any untrainables and can be 40pv
perhaps a fb could have strength or movement instead of agg.

I think you're right with the Speed, also Vision and Agg should be able to go up also. Imagine John Terry and Pirlo at 17. I'm sure there is a big difference between them then and now in regards to Pirlo's vision and Terry's agg

111 - MGB

112 - Pescara

117 - Brescia

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Chris Airdrie112 wrote:
2 things that have boggled me since starting this game.

1. speed doesn't go up. I agree it should be an untrainable, but like judgement, I think it should have the potential to increase, maybe between the ages of 16 to 20. I've never seen a 16yo run a 100m world record. reason being they get faster as their bodies develop.

2. as a manager who plays full backs. why is this position the only one handicapped by 2 untrainables(that will never increase) for their pv. most players have 9 for speed and aggression. very few have 10's meaning 99% of full bks can never be better than a 38pv. whereas positions such as cm don't have any untrainables and can be 40pv
perhaps a fb could have strength or movement instead of agg.

Yes I kind of agree with your first point, obviously a limited improvement is possible at an early age. But speed is one of those attributes that is less likely to go up in general. Slow players will always be slow, whilst fast players will only ever tend to get slower as they get older.

The fact that certain skills are limited is an espect of the game that makes certain players more desirable. If all players had the ability to achive the same things where is the depth to the game?

Not sure I have summed that up in the best way :?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Steve Pesc wrote:
I think you're right with the Speed, also Vision and Agg should be able to go up also. Imagine John Terry and Pirlo at 17. I'm sure there is a big difference between them then and now in regards to Pirlo's vision and Terry's agg

I would argue that John Terry (like most men in general) is less aggresive now than as a youngster and that Pirlo has always had the natural talent to find another player on the pitch. He may have becomore more composed and improved his judgement as he has aged.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 am 

An SA awarded for winning reserve and youth leagues. Perhaps to limit it a bit it can only be awarded to a player from those teams e.g. Winning either shouldn't allow you to give a first teamer worldy an SA

Other games
Zulte Waregem - Game 112
Hamburger SV - Game eighty-something

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 am 

Admin wrote:
Portsmouth 112 wrote:
How exactly would they have wasted their time? and why would their player no longer have any value?? If they're developing RM in their reserves or youths then they clearing play that position. I wouldn't develop a RM when i play wing backs. And of course it would be the case for everyone in the game! I didn't say i wanted preferential treatment where scouting or trailists are concerned! I don't see how someone selling a RM they scouted would suddenly render other RM's useless and of no value! lol

Because RM's and every other position of a half decent standard would suddenly become readily available for everyone.

Rather then it taking time to find and train up a player in a specific position, you are asking for a short cut - basically flooding the game with higher standard players. Not having many good players in certain positions allows for better dealing and a higher incentive to train them up yourself.

But as we've already stated we can look at addressing some of the concerns in these areas for new games.

I hear what you're saying. I'm not asking for 100oa 38pv players. Just some that would reflect we're in season 5. Ok that's cool

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:32 pm 

Dan Pearson wrote:
yeah i'd like to second the idea of changing tactics midway through games but also formations need updating one of the key formations these days is 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1

and i'm not sure how that even works in UE terms? is that something to be looked at?

i also think UE points could be rewarded at the end of a season for having longevity at a team to promote long term management in a game - if you manage 1 club from 1-26 you can gain 5 pts to spend if you have changed teams or quit and come back you get 0 and you can either spend them on turn 1 of season 2 or save them for the end of season 2 going to season 3 and have possibly 10pts to spend - rewarding loyalty in someway might go someway to making games last and persuade those who move amongst games to stick around rather than jump ship

i like the ue points reward for achieving certain 'goals' in game..... longevity sounds good... possibly retaining a specific number of 1st team/reserve/youth players in the respective squads for a season... anything that promotes running a reserve & youth squad, like extra training spots would be good. i.e 1 training spot for 1st team squad and 2 spots for reserve and youth with maybe the ability to train youth players in the 'untrainables'...

newcastle game 117
aberdeen game 120
Lokomotiv Moscow game 121
Paris St Germain game 122

A Geordie born and bred...... haway the lads......

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 am 

Agree with UE that the game shouldnt be flooded with scouts and trialists however at the same time the balance isnt right. I have been picking up 16 year olds (that sounds wrong) every season but you literally get one or two who have half decent untrainables

Ive been looking for a am and cm for over a season now but cant find any under the age of 21. So the balance between flooding the game and a complete drought is not right

Better rewards for winning youth and reserves

Limit the number of times a player can be transferred in a season

If a managed team ends up in the bottom 3 and there are unmanaged teams in the same league, send the unmanaged team down.

Stop making average unmanaged teams invincible like Genoa were last season.

Love the idea of a sheet that shows career and club appearances to date

Female players whose aggresion goes up once every 4 weeks!

Game 108 - Lille (Won sweet FA)
Game 109 - Frankfurt (Budesliga 2 & FA Cup winners)
Game 112 - Bari

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 am 

I know some may not be fans of UE points but I believe they have been the best addition to the game and maybe on top of the Xmas present of ue points we currently get maybe ue could dish out some points for successful sides?!

Personally I would propose that Youth league winners at EOS get 5pts to put pot on one player, Keeping it realistic at the same time with academy producing talent.

Reserve league winners get low point SA to add to a player such as HEI, LTS etc...

And First team league winners get the high point SA to add to one player like COM or FLA.

Just a thought...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 am 

Bari 112 Hibs 114 wrote:
Agree with UE that the game shouldnt be flooded with scouts and trialists however at the same time the balance isnt right. I have been picking up 16 year olds (that sounds wrong) every season but you literally get one or two who have half decent untrainables

Ive been looking for a am and cm for over a season now but cant find any under the age of 21. So the balance between flooding the game and a complete drought is not right

Better rewards for winning youth and reserves

Limit the number of times a player can be transferred in a season

If a managed team ends up in the bottom 3 and there are unmanaged teams in the same league, send the unmanaged team down.

Stop making average unmanaged teams invincible like Genoa were last season.

Love the idea of a sheet that shows career and club appearances to date

Female players whose aggresion goes up once every 4 weeks!

I have a AM age21 on the transfer list PV33

111 - MGB

112 - Pescara

117 - Brescia

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 pm 

Great idea Fritz, makes sense, keeps interest, promotes reason to manage 3 squads and wouldn't be hard for UE to minister.

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:42 pm 

Montpellier 112/115 wrote:
Great idea Fritz, makes sense, keeps interest, promotes reason to manage 3 squads and wouldn't be hard for UE to minister.

Ta lad, Think in addition it should only be allowed or awarded to a player that has played 'x' amount of games in a particular squad...
Thus ensuring managers don't take advantage by dropping superstars into squads just to gain SA or potential.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm 

my gripe is same as a lot of other managers the trialists are a waste of time and yes we dont expect world beaters to start with but they should have a lot better untrainables to give managers the incentive to trin them up over a couple of seasons maybe a few more trialists with special abilties.

like a few others have said trialists should be getting better each season the game goes on.. whats the point of a 70 oa player in the middle of season 2 or 3 of a game? a game never lasts more than 4 or 5 seasons anyway come on ue its about time you put out a survey to your customers asking if we wanter the trialists to be improved and if we want them to get better with each season . its not rocket science .. and what improvements are coming i havent seen any improvements now for a couple of years .. it was suggested by me and a few others that players with add pot have a little asterix put next to their name so all managers can see they have added pot ! please reply on here and ask us to send in a couple of answers on our mds about trialist improvements . the majority of managers have moaned about trialists for 2 or 3 years !! please address this issue

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:39 pm 

Bring back the old style of hfg No U.E points made the game totally different.
Game 87 amd 99 was brilliant.
Very challenging

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm 

Shaun wrote:
Bring back the old style of hfg No U.E points made the game totally different.
Game 87 amd 99 was brilliant.
Very challenging

Agreed m8 also get rid of SA's and Potential :)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 pm 

It seems that a lot would like to have potential world class players handed to them on a plate, rather than actually do some work and build for themselves

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:58 am 

You need POT imo - otherwise there would be no point of managing a small team that could never compete

Unless to a certain extent all teams start equally from Barcelona to Birmingham City. Barcelona might have the named players still but stats wise they're similar

Other games
Zulte Waregem - Game 112
Hamburger SV - Game eighty-something

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:56 am 

U dont need pot. It worked in game 87 99 and 107.
They were really good games. The teams do balance themselves out. As it makes big teams sell for cash otherwise they cant deal

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 am 

Shaun wrote:
U dont need pot. It worked in game 87 99 and 107.
They were really good games. The teams do balance themselves out. As it makes big teams sell for cash otherwise they cant deal

Game 107 had pot and sa shaun I remember it well. Put pot in Joel ward. Bearly did anything for seasons. that was until I sold him and end of season he went to 107oa 40sw 39cb! Still makes me feel sick thinking about it lol

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 am 

Lol yea bit harsh that probably didnt lile u mr haggard.
Ok forget 107. Game 99 and 87 didnt have u.e points and the game lasted along time.
Also it makes prople look at other attributs not like oh he has pot I will.get 11 pot players. It was scouting amd looki g what can be trwined.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:14 pm 

Just a quick one to say thanks to UE for engaging with customers and I think I speak for all when I say it's appreciated that you are willing to give some of our crazy ideas some consideration. ( well maybe 90% of us appreciate it)

The thread I don't think was started for people to go on about what their "gripe" is! ( not having a dig at anyone who used that particular word)

It was more to find out what we can reasonably expect to be accommodated and UE have answered some if not all of it.

Would love to see some of the things you guys have said introduced. But at the same time understand that expectations have to be reasonable.

Good stuff all I'm sure UE will accommodate where they can, I recall a bit of an opinion poll that was run some time ago with regards to the introduction of new ideas into the game ( think it might actually have been UE that ran it ) so look forward to seeing one of those and I guess that's one way they can cover themselves. If they go with majority votes from us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next